bloglanguagevices-emilianoramirez

                  LANGUAGE VICES

¡WELCOME!
Knowledge is power

Hello, my name is Emiliano Ramirez Lerdo I am 15 years old and I am a student of the general high school Juan Escutia and I welcome you to my website.  I feel happy that you have decided to visit it, since I have a lot to say about my School Project on language vices.  This is the result of many hours of work and I am excited to share it.  Continue reading to know more about it.

*I consider that a vice of language is to speak badly.

I consider that a vice of language is to write badly



The vices of language


 The communicative intention in every conversation is to issue a message.  But many times, this message is not interpreted correctly by the issuer because of the vices of language.  To avoid them, we must know what they consist of and what they are, so that we can avoid them and thus improve our oral expression, and achieve good communication.

DEFINITION OF THE VICES OF THE LANGUAGE

 Language vices are those forms of construction or use of inappropriate vocabulary that can hinder the correct interpretation of a message.  It involves both diction and vocabulary, as it includes all the factors that alter the normal flow of communication.

CLASSIFICATION OF THE VICES OF THE LANGUAGE

THE DEQUEISM

 Dequeísmo is a frequent incorrectness in the use of the transitive verbs of diction or thought: to think, to imagine, to suppose, to believe, to think, to advise.

 For example: I think you are wrong.  (I think he is wrong).

 I clarify that it was not my intention.

 Cheism

 Cheism is the incorrect use of "what" without the preposition "of".

 For example: The time you tell me has arrived.  (The time has come for you to tell me).

 There is no doubt that Mary received it.  (There is no doubt that Mary received it.)

 COSISM

 It is a vice of construction that consists in abusing the use of the word "thing", due to poverty of vocabulary.

 For example: Altruism is a rare thing.

 AMPHIBOLOGY

 Amphibology is the double meaning of the word.  This darkness in the expression can give more than one interpretation.

 For example: Stockings for cotton ladies.  (Are there cotton ladies?)

 Electric pocket fan.

 ARCHAISM

 They are the phrases or expressions that fell into disuse.

 For example: Your Excellency.  (Your excellence).

 BARBARISM

 This vice consists in pronouncing the words badly or in using improper words.  It is also abuse with foreign words.

 For example: It's ok.  (It's okay).

 We have to practice solidarity.

 What's up?

 CACOPHONY

 Meeting or repetition of the same syllables or letters.  The construction of the sentences is unpleasant to the ear.

 For example: Ára gives the rod to Aaron.

 Both fools annoy as much as a single fool not so much.

 FOREIGNERSHIP

 Unnecessary use of a voice, a phrase or a turn of a foreign language.

 For example: The book was a best-seller.  (Success of sale).

 We will stay in a bungalow.  (Cottage).

 IDIOM

 It is a way of speaking contrary to grammar rules.

 For example: The program's reachability leaves much to be desired.  (The reaching).

 I'm glad you ask me this question.  (Your question is correct).

 IMPROPRIETY

 It is the lack of ownership in the use of words when used with a different meaning than they have.

 For example: He is an arrogant businessman.  (He is a bold executive).

 Julian holds the position of councilman.  (Julian serves as councilman).

 NEOLOGISM

 It is a regular language process.  However, alterations occur when the speaker deforms the language by inventing or building a word outside the conventions and with little chance of integrating properly into the system.

 For example: Aerocriptography (Representation of acrobatic flight figures) fascinates me.

 PLEONASM

 It is the use of unnecessary words.  It is the meaningless repetition of the same concept with synonymous words or with similar phrases.

 For example: The child went up and then down.

 It seems to me personally that the problem is you.

 SOLECISM

 It is the mistake made against the accuracy or purity of a language.

 For example: After I walked down the street, I found him in the house.  (After I walked down the street, I found him in the house).

 Do not forget to enter the chairs.  (Do not forget to put the chairs).

 ULTRACORRECTION OR HYPERCORRECTION

 It is the deformation of a word thinking that this is correct, by similarity to another similar.

 For example: Mother, I got into a lido just for bathing in the river.  (Mother, I got in trouble just for bathing in the river)

 The city of Bilbado is one of the most important in the Basque Country.  (The city of Bilbao is one of the most important in the Basque Country)

 VULGARISMS

 For example: Antiyer came the soldier to the military institute.  (The soldier arrived at the military institute the day before yesterday.

 The abujero did it Grabiel sleeping.  (Gabriel made the hole sleeping).

 METATHESIS

 Vice that consists in changing the place of sound in a word.

 For example: There is the total sum of the products.  (Find the total sum of the products).

 What harms you have about your neighbor!  (What prejudices do you have about your neighbor)

 EUPHEMISM

 This vice of language consists in disguising with softness or ornaments what can be said with direct language.

 For example: Women with an easy life suffer various discriminations.

 TAG

 Habit of systematically and unconsciously repeating a word, phrase or sentence.

 For example: When I went out to the patio, that is, to the pool, he was there, that is, I found him, that is, we met ...

METAPLASM
 Changes in the sound of a word by altering the order of the syllables of it.
for example.
 Change_Change
 Empty_Empty.
 You came_You came

I hope you enjoyed consulting my project. Leave your constructive comment in English please Thank you Bye! 👋


References of pages consulted
 DE LENGUAJE
https://www.abc.com.py/articulos/los-vicios-del-lenguaje-936747.html

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://m.youtube.com/watch%3Fv%3Dbo11MxhZm6U&ved=2ahUKEwjG6IOmmc3nAhUFQK0KHSktDcg4ChCjtAEwBnoECAAQDg&usg=AOvVaw31VeEDe7lmNrgxfWXoq_Vn

Comentarios

  1. Es un ployecto que esta bien realizado sobre los temas de los vicios de lenguaje

    ResponderEliminar
  2. Thanks this information seems excellent to me since it will help us improve our conversations

    ResponderEliminar
    Respuestas
    1. You're right, thanks for your comment

      Eliminar
    2. Well, I thought your blog was very interesting, good job, congratulations Emiliano

      Eliminar
  3. Language vices are a very serious problem since we use them unconsciously .

    ResponderEliminar
  4. It seems to me that language vices are used in society, language vices are those forms of construction or use of inappropriate vocabulary that can hinder the correct interpretation of a message

    ResponderEliminar
  5. what you talk about the vices of language is correct, because due to these vices people do not understand correctly.

    ResponderEliminar
  6. I agree with you the vices of language give a misunderstanding to the recipient and sometimes the messages are misunderstood for not giving them proper use.

    ResponderEliminar
  7. I think that Overcoming the Vices of Language in communication is essential to ensure and maintain good relationships in all areas of our lives, understand and be understood, is an art that facilitates coexistence and harmony in every place.

    ResponderEliminar
  8. Well, my opinion, everything you said is a help to know about language vices and the types

    ResponderEliminar
  9. Very good information construction.
    Based on it, we can help each other as we can improve our communication with other people.

    ResponderEliminar
  10. It's Good Information About Language Vices.

    ResponderEliminar
  11. This information is very good and useful, thanks

    ResponderEliminar
  12. The blog is very interesting since the information contained in this blog is very useful and important

    ResponderEliminar

Publicar un comentario